DID YOU KNOW ?
- THAT OF THE 17,OOO CHEMICALS THAT APPEAR IN COMMON HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS, ONLY 30% HAVE BEEN ADEQUATELY TESTED FOR THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON OUR HEALTH .
- THE FEDERAL ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY ( E.P.A. ) HAS FOUND THAT
AIRBORNE CHEMICAL LEVELS IN HOMES WERE AS MUCH AS
SEVENTY ( 70 ) TIMES HIGHER INSIDE THAN OUTSIDE.
- THE FEDERAL FOOD & DRUG ADMINISTRATION ( F.D.A. ) CANNOT REQUIRE COMPANIES TO DO
- SAFETY TESTING ON THEIR PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD TO THE PUBLIC .
- MEDICAL DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS HAVE STUDIED, ANALYZED, EVALUATED, AND CONCLUDED
THAT THERE IS A DEFINITIVE CONNECTION BETWEEN OUR HEALTH AND
THE USE OF EVERYDAY COMMON HOUSEHOLD CLEANING CHEMICALS
...AND THERE'S MORE !
( About The Hazards Of Household Cleaning Products )
- INDOOR AIR IS OFTEN TWO TO FIVE TIMES MORE CONTAMINATED THAN OUTDOOR AIR .
- CHILDHOOD ASTHMA HAS NEARLY DOUBLED IN THE LAST 20 YEARS
(American Lung Association)
And Some Cleaners May Be Triggers To Asthma Attacks.
- 70,000 SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS ARE IN PRODUCTION TODAY.
MANY ARE SUSPECTED TO CAUSE CANCER OR OTHER HEALTH EFFECTS,...
BUT ONLY 600 HAVE BEEN ADEQUATELY TESTED
- ENVIRONMENTAL DISCOMFORTS AND ILLNESSES are increasing at alarming rates
- 15-25% OF OUR POPULATION HAS SOME TYPE OF BREATHING PROBLEMS such as hay fever or asthma, and are adversely affected by strong odors included in perfume, aftershave, hair spray and body lotions
- 9 OUT OF 10 BREATHS are likely drawn indoors
- THERE WAS A 38% INCREASE IN PRESCRIPTIONS FOR AIRWAY MEDICATIONS from 1985 to 1990
- THERE ARE APPROX. 4,000 INDIVIDUAL FRAGRANCE COMPOUNDS – several hundred may be used in creating a single scent
- 17-22% OF PEOPLE SUFFER FROM FRAGRANCE-RELATED MIGRAINE HEADACHES
- ADVERSE REACTIONS FROM SCENTED PRODUCTS result in sick time, lost productivity, increased insurance costs and hostility from employers and employees who do not understand the health threats of fragrances. Chemically sensitive individuals cannot simply avoid fragrances...they share air in which they have no control other.
Gloria Gilbere, N.D., D.A.Hom., Ph.D.
Getting Started with Green Cleaning